September 28, 2020 – Updated information:
Daily Masses – CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
The parish offices will remain closed to visitors until further notice.
The Sister Isaac Center is offering limited assistance by appointment only. Call 910-782-4021.
We are not accepting donations of material goods until further notice.
Confessions have resumed on Saturdays from 4:00pm-4:45pm in the vestibule. Masks are required. There will be no reconciliation on Saturday, October 17, 2020.
For all of those who were scheduled to celebrate First Communion this past April (2019), we have great news! We will begin celebrating First Communions at our Sunday Masses on Sunday, September 13th. We will be doing four at each Mass (English and Spanish), for a total of eight per week.
- Please use this link to find the signup to register your child for a weekend mass http://thestmaryparish.org/first-holy-communion/
- This will be done on a first come, first serve basis. You may choose any Sunday between September 13th and December 20th for your child to celebrate his/her First Communion.
- Each family will have one pew reserved for them. A pew can comfortably seat five to six adults plus one small child. Unfortunately, due to the current COVID-19 restrictions we cannot allow any additional guests than this.
- Because it has been a while since many of those who were scheduled to celebrate First Communion last April have even had the opportunity to come to Mass, we have posted a short video of how each First Communicant should receive Communion. Please click this link and scroll to the Communion section to view the video —–> http://thestmaryparish.org/faithformation-2/
- A gentle reminder, this only for those children/youth who were scheduled to receive his/her First Communion last April (2019).
- Please do not hesitate to contact Deacon John Walsh with any questions. – (910) 762-5491 x-114 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up here for mass Sunday, October 4, 2020 @ 9:00am – the signup period will close Saturday,October 3, 2020 at 9am.
Signup will be available Tuesday, September 29th.
Inscribete para la misa de este domingo, 04 de Octubre de 2020 a las 12:00 pm. – el periodo de inscripción cerrará el día Sábado, 04 de Octubre de 2020 a las 9am.
La inscripción estará disponible el martes 29 de septiembre.
Please print and bring a copy with you as there will be no worship aids available at the mass. Also, please review the updated guidelines before attending mass on Sunday.
La ayuda de adoración está disponible usando el siguiente enlace. Imprima y traiga una copia, ya que no habrá ayudas de adoración disponibles en la misa. Además, revise las pautas actualizadas antes de asistir a misa el domingo.
September 22, 2020
Dear Brothers and Sisters
Greetings to you all on the first day of Autumn. Although the colors of the leaves are not as prominent in the coastal region we are entering a new season. Hopefully it will treat us well.
This Saturday Jose’ and Fatima will be united in the Holy Matrimony. May their love for each other grow more beautiful each day of their lives together. Congratulations!
We are also going to celebrate the baptism of four children. May they become joyful disciples of the Lord. I congratulate them and their families as well.
Sometimes we lose trust when people offer empty promises. The Gospel(Matthew 21:28-32) this Sunday teaches us that it is honorable to stand by our word.
Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday. God be with you all,
22 de Septiembre de 2020
Queridos hermanos y hermanas:
Saludos a todos ustedes en el primer día del calendario de otoño. Aunque los colores de las hojas no son tan prominentes en la región costera, estamos entrando en una nueva temporada. Ojalá nos trate bien.
Este sábado José y Fátima se unirán en el Santo Matrimonio. Que su amor mutuo se vuelva más hermoso cada día de sus vidas juntas. ¡Felicidades!
También vamos a celebrar el bautismo de cuatro niños. Que se conviertan en gozosos discípulos del Señor. Los felicito a ellos ya sus familias también.
A veces perdemos la confianza cuando la gente ofrece promesas vacías. El Evangelio de este domingo nos enseña que es honorable cumplir nuestra palabra.
Espero verte el domingo. Dios sea con todos ustedes
Previous messages from Fr. Ryszard can be found in the Pastor’s Corner. (Click the link on the left-hand side of the page above)
We thank each of you for the many ways you support our parish and ask that you please continue to support the Basilica Shrine of Saint Mary as you are able. We would also like to extend a thank you to our parishioners who currently use EFT to financially support our parish. For those who are not using EFT but wish to continue their charitable support while we are without our regular weekend liturgies (see below). And finally, thank you in advance for your continued support of our parish during this unprecedented time.
- Please mail your envelopes to the parish office located at 412 Ann St., Wilmington, NC 28401
- Or, click here to donate securely online through PayPal.