Please follow the link below for the minister’s schedule:
I hope this finds you all well.Thank you to all for your willingness to continue to serve our parish. We are truly blessed to have all of you! Please find the attached schedule for July.
As we continue our return to normal, and as it has been a while since some of you may have served, here are a few friendly reminders and updated protocols for Readers and Eucharistic Ministries:
- The assigned reader is responsible for proclaiming the first reading, psalm, and second reading.
- All readings may be found at the USCCB.org website under the “Daily Readings” tab along the top of the page. There is also a podcast within that link that offers an audio version of each reading. This is very convenient if you ever have any question on how to pronounce certain words.
- The distribution of the Precious Blood remains suspended.
- Eucharistic Ministers are currently positioned with two in the front of the church and two in the back of the church.
- All Eucharistic Ministers are asked to be fully vaccinated and please wait two weeks after your final shot before serving.
- Please wear a mask while serving.
- Only ordained ministers (Deacons, Priests and Bishops) may bless people with the sign of the cross.
- If a person presents him/herself with their arms folded across their chest, please offer them a verbal blessing in the form of “May God bless you in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.”
- Please refrain from physically touching anyone while blessing him/her.
The Basilica Shrine of Saint Mary is always looking to welcome anyone that would like to serve at mass in any of the following capacities:
Altar Server (3rd grade and higher) – Not currently serving due to COVID-19.
If you would like to become a Lector, Eucharistic Minister or Altar Server, please contact Deacon John Walsh at 910-762-5491 x-114 or firstname.lastname@example.org