Please follow the link below for the minister’s schedule:
I hope this finds you all well.Thank you to all for your willingness to continue to serve our parish. We are truly blessed to have all of you! Please find the attached schedule for October.
As we continue our return to normal, and as it has been a while since some of you may have served, here are a few friendly reminders and updated protocols for Readers and Eucharistic Ministries:
Please find the minister schedule for November. And, as always, I apologize for any mistakes I may have made. A few notes to pay attention to:
- If you are scheduled for a date that you are unable to make it, please find a replacement.
- If you’re scheduled to serve as a Eucharistic Minister, please come to the altar during the Sign of Peace.
- Please do not place Communion on the tongue, only in the hands.
- If you notice that there are not enough Eucharistic Ministers to serve (two if I am at Mass, three if I am not there), please come forward.
- New procedure – If you are serving Communion at either side door, when you finish and you come to aid the center aisles, please stand perpendicularly and directly against the modesty railing (about halfway down the railing) instead of standing to the side of the ministers already there. This will allow people in line to either approach the minister in front of the altar or turn to the minister next to the modesty railing, hopefully alleviating people walking/colliding into each other.
The Basilica Shrine of Saint Mary is always looking to welcome anyone that would like to serve at mass in any of the following capacities:
Altar Server (3rd grade and higher) – Not currently serving due to COVID-19.
If you would like to become a Lector, Eucharistic Minister or Altar Server, please contact Deacon John Walsh at 910-762-5491 x-114 or email@example.com