A few weeks ago, I was invited to an Open House at the Harrelson Center. It is a non-profit organization that supports and partners with other non-profits in the Wilmington area. I was familiar with a few of the organizations that we’ve partnered with, and I learned about several others.
These are some of the organizations I spoke with:
- Catholic Charities – they offer a myriad of services such as emergency assistance, counseling, family health and safety, disaster recovery and more.
- The Help Hub – a collaborative outreach program supported by 13 area churches. They provide short term or emergency assistance and guidance to those in need of financial help.
- A Bike for Every Child – working to have children experience the joy of owning and riding a bike.
- A Safe Place – they assist victims of sex trafficking and sexual exploitation.
- Habitat for Humanity – a Christian housing ministry assisting people towards the purchase of a Habitat home by building safe, decent and affordable house.
- Phoenix Hometown Hires – support for job training, job placement and life skills training.
- RI International – their mission is to create opportunities and environments that empower people to recover, succeed in accomplishing their goals, find meaning and purpose in life.
- Phillipians 3 Ministries – they focus on rebuilding and restoring lives of women who have been torn down due to past circumstances.
- Recovery Resource Center – providing free education and support to people whose lives are impacted by mental health and/or addiction.
- Communities in Schools – providing support to young people to learn successfully and stay in school.
All in all, it was time well spent; I was able to network and gather info that could be helpful to many of our guests.