Thank you to everyone that helped to put cheer and love into the lives of so many with all of our Christmas projects. My sincere thanks goes our to the generosity of our school and staff, our parishoners, our volunteers and many many others within the community.
We provided a full Christmas to 31 families – several items of clothing and gifts for each child, a large gift for the parents and a wonderful basket of food for Christmas that will provide meals for a few days.
We delivered beautifully wrapped shoeboxes, full of hygiene items and small gifts, to about 240 individuals. Several volunteers delivered these gifts in person to each of the residents in Hadden Hall and the Walker Apartments. We had such a great response to the project, we were able to reach out to others in need as well; we delivered boxes for all the residents of the 13th Street House for Women, the Rescue Mission, Salvation Army and the Leland House. We even had enough left to share with our Christmas families.
The last week we were open we had a “Christmas Room”; we allowed any of our daily guests with children in the home to ‘shop’ for a few gifts for each of their children. The room was quite full at the beginning of the week, and donations kept coming in every day, allowing us to help dozens of families.
We also had some beautiful boxes of food for an “Italian night dinner” donated by the Catholic Daughters.
My sincere thanks goes out to everyone that participated; it’s impossible to list them all but I’ll try (apologies if I left anyone out).
- My outstanding volunteers at the Center (we spent hundreds of hours to put this together)
- Our parish staff
- Our school children and staff
- The Senior Singles
- The Altar Guild
- The Catholic Daughters
- St Mark’s school
- St Mark’s Columbiettes
- The Cotton Exchange (where we had an additional Giving Tree)
- The Knights (loaning us space!)
- The Agape Circle at Grace United Methodist
- Several individuals that adopted entire families
- Everyone that took any of the hundreds of leaves from our Giving Trees
- Donors that brought in many, many additional Christmas items, toys and decorations
- A countless number of donors that sent in cash donations for the holidays
Blessings to everyone that helped us share the Christmas spirit with so many!
Special Need of the Week: The Center will re-open Tuesday morning at 8:30. We still have an abundance of clothes to sort. We’d appreciate it if you could wait a week or two before bringing in your clothing donations. In the meantime, we are available for furniture pickups – give us a call!